The Full Grip Rubber Sole is a step-up from a rubber overlay sole. With this in mind, rather than throw your shoes out, it is far better to renew the sole. The Full Grip Rubber Sole compound we use provides excellent anti-slip properties. It combines high abrasion resistance in 3mm and 6mm thicknesses. Additionally, our soling sheets have a kitchen rating, which means they have a strong grip on a variety of surfaces when there is moisture about.
Furthermore, the full grip rubber soles are available in black, brown, and nude colours, which is able to match a wide variety of shoe colour schemes.
- To begin, choosing what thickness of soling is important to give you the best results. The 3mm is best suited to lighter shoes, whereas the 6mm is better suited as a sole replacement on heavier boots.
- After this, we rough sanded both surfaces and cleaned with acetone. We left to dry.
- By inspecting the surface of the shoe or boot we determined what type of material it is made out of. If needed, the appropriate primer is used to better bond the two surfaces together
- In addition, we applied two layers of glue to each surface and set aside to dry. They are then heat activated and pressed together with firm pressure.
- We leave the glue to cure. Finally, we trimmed the excess rubber and then fine sanded to shape.
The technical stuff
- High abrasion resistance
- Colours include black, dark brown and nude
- Provides grip in wet weather
- Variety of colours and thicknesses
- Made in Italy.
The Baxter & Black difference…
Being cognisant of the quality of the glues in the local market, Baxter & Black researched amongst their international contacts. Because of this, they were able to identify the industry-leading glue. The chosen glue is from Germany and adheres in all environments. Additionally, it has a range of two primers and hardener to be more flexible for use on different rubbers and well as heat and water-resistance. Importantly, you can tell if a shoe is done by Baxter & Black, as the glue is clear, rather than yellow which is the cheaper generic brands.