The Baxter & Black process
- To begin the handbag recolouring service, we make an effort to clean all the surfaces of the leather. Additionally, we clean any leather handles and hardware.
- Next, with a bit of testing, we match the original colour of the bag perfectly. We use premium grade pigment dyes and sealers, so we are able to ensure our recolouring jobs are lightfast and permanent. This means that UV light doesn’t break down the colour. There is no risk of colours bleeding or fading. Baxter & Black are one of the few bag repairers that use an airbrush, which means the colour is perfectly even.
- To finish off, we nourish and protect the leather with Saphir Crème 1925 Shoe Polish.
The technical stuff
- Prices start from $250.
- Premium paints dyes with superior colour fastness
- Custom colour matching ability
- Click here to see an example of a Chanel bag re-colour.
The Baxter & Black Difference…
Baxter & Black is one of the few shoe repairers that use an airbrush to layer on the colour to ensure an even finish. We also use custom-made paint that we have tried and tested to ensure the best durability. Additionally, we use a sealant to lock in the colour.
Baxter & Black