- Firstly, we unpick the old thread.
- Once done, we clean out all the old glue from the inside lining
- Then, we glue the new elastic into place
- Finally, we stitch both sets of stitch lines with the correct colour of thread, making sure to go through the old holes.
The technical stuff
- Price is for all four gussets
- Specialist machinery
- High quality elastic
- Black or brown available
The Baxter & Black Difference…
At Baxter & Black, we pride our work on looking ‘as new’. Unlike other shoe repairers, we remove all the spent thread and stitch through the old holes. We also do two rows of stitching, rather than one. By stitching through the old holes, the leather will not deteriorate and break as happens when repaired by many other repairers. Our work is guaranteed, we cannot guarantee work if the RM Williams boot elastic has already been incorrectly repaired by other repairers as the leather will fail.
Baxter & Black