We’re often asked about the product we reach for when it comes to treating dry, cracked leather, and this is it. Crafted from 100% pure, refined mink oil in water suspension, the Saphir Medaille d’Or Mink Oil Lotion is about as hydrating as conditioners get – like Papaw ointment, but for your boots. It cares for your items by cleaning, moisturising, nourishing and protecting the leather.
Unlike wax-based oils, this is non-greasy, meaning that no grubby residue is left on your hands or clothes post-clean. Due to its intense oil component, we don’t recommend it for use on delicate leathers like napa leather. Your cowhides, however, will happily drink it ’till they’re glowing.
This creamy, very rich formula is easy to apply and will leave a soft touch and natural shine to leather. The Saphir Mink Oil is perfect for occasional, deep conditioning.
How to use
- Remove any dust or dirt by gently wiping with a damp chamois.
- Use a soft cotton cloth to apply the lotion, using firm pressure. Less is more.
- Dry for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Can be left overnight.
- Once dry, polish leather with a cotton cloth or shoe brush.
- Once the leather is dry, polish normally with Saphir Pommadier Creme 1925 Shoe Polish
The technical stuff
- Made from 100% mink oil in water suspension
- Ethically sourced raw mink oil from Finland, audited by EVIRA
- No waxes
- To be used on fine smooth leather
- Cleans, moisturises, nourishes and protects leather
- Non-greasy formula, won’t transfer onto other surfaces
- For best results apply to clean, dry leather
- Not recommended for use on napa leather
- To see this product used on Gucci handbag, visit our Before & After page
- Made in France
The benefits of your Saphir Medaille d’Or Mink Oil Lotion will last longest when given ten minutes to be absorbed into the leather surface.
|Dimensions||6 × 3 × 14 cm|