Saphir Medaille d’or Oiled Leather Cream is neatfoot and apricot oil-based, with a beeswax emulsion. With this in mind, it is designed to condition, waterproof and recolour greasy leather types such as Chromexcel (CXL). Greasy leathers are infused with oils during the tanning process and are known for their rugged, natural look. This cream will not alter the oiled leather finish. Additionally, the beeswax emulsion will add a subtle shine while also concealing scuffing and scratches.
Oiled or greasy leather is a leather that has undergone an intensely nourishing treatment. Because of this, it contains an oil content of over 15% of its weight. Due to this treatment, it makes the leather one of the strongest types available. Oiled leather is used for boot shoes and motorcycle boots.
How to use
- Apply by massaging gently into the leather
- Leave on for around ten minutes
- Polish off with a horsehair brush.
The technical stuff
- Formulated specifically for Chromexcel and Oiled Leathers
- Made with a Neatsfoot oil and Apricot Oil base
- Contains a light beeswax emulsion
- Easy to apply
- Contains no waxes, which would distort texture of Chromexcel
- Made in France.
Use the tips of your fingers to gently massage the Saphir Oiled Leather Cream into your shoes before polishing off.