Unlike rawhides, suede – with its fine-haired texture – requires a shampoo from time to time, in order to remove unwanted dirt and keep the nap looking voluminous and with good depth of colour. When it comes to giving our suede shoes a scrub, we’re yet to find a more effective concoction than the Saphir Omni’Nettoyant Suede Shampoo Cleaner.
Unlike more delicate leathers, suede is incredibly robust, and because of this used for casual shoes, bags and travel goods. Suede does not scuff or scratch, but can get dirty. As a result, suede needs regular cleaning, and if done properly, can ensure your precious item lasts for decades.
Depending on how dark or light the colour is, suede can take a beating and needs cleaning every few months. Saphir Omni’Nettoyant Suede Shampoo Cleaner contains a solvent that penetrates into the suede to remove grime and dirt, in the process, renewing the finish by bringing the original pigment to the surface.
Omni’Nettoyant is both a stain remover and cleaner, its delicate formula hydrates and rejuvenates weary suede, resulting in shoes that – pardon the cliché – look as good as new.
How to use
- Pour a 40/50 mix of Shampoo cleaner and water in a non-metalic bowl.
- Lightly wet the complete section of the suede item you are about to clean.
- Brush the suede hairs all in one direction.
- Use the supplied brush to massage the Suede Shampoo Cleaner/water solution into your suede, nubuck or textile.
- Let dry completely in an area out of direct sunlight with airflow.
- You may like to finish Saphir Renovateur Suede and Nubuck Conditioning Spray to protect and nourish
The technical stuff
- Contains natural solvent; penetrates deep to remove dirt
- Safe to use on fine suede and nubuck
- Restores and revitalises well-worn suede shoes.
- Also safe to use on other textile shoes
- Soft-haired applicator brush included
- To see some suede shoes that have been rejuvenated, visit our Before & After page
- Made in France
- 100 ml
When cleaning shoes or boots take out the laces so you don’t get any staining from them on the suede/nubuck.
|Dimensions||4 × 6.5 × 15 cm|