Louis Vuitton purse repair and restoration
This much-loved Louis Vuitton Purse Repair and Restoration item was posted down from a Brisbane client. The edge-paint had come away, the internal colour had worn and the stitching had abraided.
- To start the Louis Vuitton Purse Repair and restoration process, we cleaned the purse of all dirt and carefully unpicked the old stitching.
- After cleaning the surface, we select what machine to use. In this instance, we chose our vintage Singer roller foot machine. The roller foot applies constant gentle pressure whilst sewing. It cannot scratch the surface of the leather, like a regular walking foot patcher sewing machine, that most other repairers use. We then set our machines to a stitch that would match the old holes.
- We selected a matching colour, texture and thickness of thread, then very carefully stitched through the old holes as to not damage the fabric
- Carefully, we removed all of the worn edge-paint and finely sanded the edges.
- With a special edge paint applicator, we apply an initial sealing coat and then slowly build up layers of edge paint (sanding each success layer to build a consistent edge) with a custom colour-matched edge-paint.
- In regards to the worn colour on the inside, we used an airbrush to evenly paint the surface
- Finally, we used a sealant to lock in the colour and make it more hard-wearing. We then applied a nourishing coat of Saphir 1925 Creme in Neutral.